Friday 1 April 2011

Day 12

Catch up, Carbonara and Cobbler


Apart from a stinking sinus infection today was another cooking miracle. Anna Pold came over tonight after a long day of workout. Today I had practice, stadiums and practice again and then I was supposed to have weights- however my sinus pressure did NOT agree with all that and said NO to practice and told me all I could manage this afternoon was kick (with fins of course)! No weights either but walked home...my legs now hate me...


Taking the weekend to get healthy and back in the pool on Monday.


But dinner was fantastic again, catch up with AP seeing as we havent really seen each other in at least 3 months and Carbonara (p128) and Fruit Cobbler (p270) were on the menu. When Jamie says he strips things down to make things simple, aka naked chef, he is not kidding...I never knew it would be possible to make such amazing food!


Carbonara
Demolished enough food for about 6 people between the two of us and still had room for dessert! Carbonara was simple and quick and perfect for straight after a long day and practice. Cobbler took enough time to cook to let our food settle down! Perfect.
Fruit pre-cobbler
Fruit Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment