Sunday 24 April 2011

Day 33

Cheesecake attempt 2! (Saturday 23rd)


Kristen Beales arrived today, my freshman roommate and best friend for the past 5years back in town! We started at Latin Cafe after she landed and I had a good practice in the pool, I haven't been there since I got back but its Beales' place for breakfast! 


I completed my cheesecake-- NY style, baked in the oven with gramcraker crusts...it is solid and cheesy and it actually looks like a cheesecake this time! But its not strawberry though so I decided I would put together a topping and cover it in strawberries and figure out the strawberry recipe next time. I want to make a marble style strawberry cheesecake. 


Also today I had another fail with a peach pie, Publix didn't have the double Pillsbury pie crusts so I ended up trying the open peach pie but it didn't set at all and just collapsed, much like the last cheesecake. I think I learned my lesson to follow a recipe exact for baking and not try and be creative until I really know how to bake!!


Tomorrow is Easter and Roasted Duck is on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment