Sunday 17 April 2011

Day 27

LADY GAGA weekend!
Such an amazing weekend, I might not have managed enough on the cooking front but after a recovery workout after some mean stadiums on Sat morning the girls and I started our epic journey...Tampa here we came...the class of 2010 really does get along and we all just click...we had a lovely meal at a place called Fly, I had lamb and hummus with pita bread and tomatoes then we went to see Lady Gaga in concert...and WOW does she know how to perform! It really was fabulous, definite Gaga converted fan after that and I cannot believe she is only 25 years old....WOW


Ihop for breakfast on Sunday morning (nutella creps...always yummy!) then a glorious afternoon on the beach before we drove back up to gainesville. Sometimes I cannot believe just how lucky I am to live in a place so beautiful and so warm, this is Florida! Oh and I got my permanent residence card through in the mail on Sat morning too...like I said BEST WEEKEND EVER!!


I got home and cooked "Plaice" with tomatoes, olives and spinach...only plaice is hard to find in Florida so I substituted it with Flounder, I am very sure they are related somehow! The olive, anchovy and basil paste looked nasty before I rolled it in the flounder and baked it, it looked like some kind of vomit but yet again Jamie knows best, successful dish number 35 and counting! Even without cooking everyday I am managing this challenge and learning more and more about food everyday. Yippee!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment