Sunday 3 April 2011

Day 14

Herb Garden and Onion Bread


I decided it was time to plant some herbs, they are super expensive and they die so quickly when just left in the fridge. So I bought some starter seeds and some soil for in the window in my room, they should start sprouting in a week and then grow...I feel like I am growing my own little minions from Despicable Me, they are my babies!
MY MINIONS
After a trip to Jones with Liz this morning, one of my all time favorite (american spelling--I apologize for all my misspelled Americanizms any english readers!!) restaurantes in Gainesville, and lunch at Designer Greens...my favorite salad (the Summer salad-extra strawberries no mandarins) with Krystal Watson I started attempting my herb garden, they look pretty cool I must say and I hope they grow!! So much cheaper in the long run...


Then dinner was left-over pasta salad and the Onion Baguette! Yummy, except the well definitely broke and water did escape and I started a little too late on the growth so the bread was more like an evening snack than a dinner side. 
Back to some serious training tomorrow and Daddy comes to stay on Tuesday so lots to do and well ahead on my challenge so when I start to travel to swim meets I can afford to miss a couple of days cooking! Yippeee
Onion Baguette

No comments:

Post a Comment