Sunday 24 April 2011

Day 34

Family Easter Love


The original 4 are in 319. While Steph and Beales went for a long walk at Paynes Prairie Liz and I cooked up our family feast. 


I have waited for Beales to make the slow roasted duck so today it's on the menu. I was a little saddened when I had to remove the heart and kidneys from Mr Duck, I felt a little connection to him and when I threw out his carcass..I had spent a good 3hours with him. *sadface*


Our feast was very epic.. 


Menu:


Appetizers:
Baked Brie with sun-dried tomato and pesto (by Liz)
Caramelized onion salad with almonds  (by Liz)
Boiled Egg..just for Easter (by Liz)


Main:
Slow Roasted Duck (by me)
Roast Potatoes with ginger and fennel leaves (by me)
Roasted Carrots and Fennel (by me)


Dessert:
Strawberry Shortcake (by Liz)
Left over Strawberry Cheesecake (me!)


Easter is all about spending time with those you love, so I am happy I got to spend it with my closest friends in Gainesville. Food Coma and Legally Blonde to finish the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment