Saturday 2 April 2011

Day 13

Street BBQ


At the end of our street live some boys from the team, so street cookout was inevitable, Matt Norton spent all day cooking smoked pork so to juxtapose the sizable meats on the smoker I made the biggest pasta salad ever! Fabulous really, only I struggled cutting up the tomatoes. I actually sliced through my left index finger and nail...must be more careful; luckily no blood mixed in with any of the food that actually went in the salad but still... error of the day.


I also made the Avocado and Toasted Almond Salad today but I am not a big fan of Avocado so I cannot say too many good things about this one, I mean it went down a treat at the cookout and people liked it, the Avo-fans dug in...that and the Thick Mustard Dressing so I knocked out 3 recipes today, YAY.


Conor Dywer was surprised at my cooking skills as I normally eat Bento and Designer Greens with him,  I still have not visited DG since I got back, must get on that... but a bunch of the guys and girls from the team dug in and there is enough left for a few lunches in between practices next week...as long as not too many people pinch it out of the fridge! The rest of the food was wonderful too, that along with the beautiful sunshine made the evening amazing...back to bed early though as I still don't feel 100% 


Last relaxation day tomorrow, hopefully I will be perfectly healthy by Monday, BACK TO WORK!



Avo and Almond
Pasta Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment