Thursday 31 March 2011

Day 10 and 11

First American Adventure
 
Travel day unleashed the biggest thunderstorm on me when I arrived, (got to love standing in the rain in shorts and a t-shirt). Hello Florida, Hello home.  Flying on British Airways to Orlando meant that there were plenty of little children running round on their way to Disney, except today this did not annoy me at all, they were adorable and I was going home. Through customs without a problem and picked up by Ashley Kushner who volunteers with me at the Crisis Center we stopped at Bento on the way home…oh how I have missed my garlic chicken rice bowl!
Fantastic first day back, even after a two-hour practice, weights and walking home in the rain, I cannot stop smiling. My home away from home and my family away from family, back in one place and ready to continue with my challenge.
Tonight is Chicken in Salt (p180) and Roasted Veg (p220); cooking for Devon Lochte, Matt Norton, Balazs Gercsak, lets try my first British Jamie Oliver on my Americans and see what happens..
Fresh Market was easy navigable and I found everything I needed, except I wanted to try duck tonight but they didn't have that so chicken was the next best thing! 
Prepared the chicken in all the salt and forgot the eggs so just poured the beaten eggs over the salt…whoops!
Timing today was perfect and the veg stayed in for a good hour but still turned out fabulous.
Chicken and Veg

SUCCESS!! I think this is going to be a good few months if I keep cooking like that, chicken was perfect and the veg turned out wonderful too. Devon wouldn’t stop saying “this is really good” over and over, and everyone else tried a bit! It looked and smelled great and having Liz Goldson in the house now to tell me all her little tips is even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment