Monday 28 March 2011

Day 8

Last lazy day and a few too many split peas
Fish Buttie
My last lazy day consisted of a lot of TV watching and 3 of Jamie's comfort grub recipes, starting with lunch: FANTASTIC FISH FINGER BUTTIE (p39) and I don't know why Jamie was embarrassed to have his photo taken with this...it was perfect for a lazy day infront of the TV, one of those days EVERYONE deserves once or twice, and yes I know it is Monday and the rest of the world is working but that just made it taste EVEN better!


Dinner however was a little disaster really...a rescued crisis but still a crisis.
Curry over Lemon Rice
Chicken Curry
I had just watched 'The Last Song', I can't watch any movie without crying even just a little bit; even some comedies when something a little sad happens, however today I was crying like a baby! Dinner was supposed to be a comfort....Chicken Curry (p32) now this probably was almost there but I don't think I needed the water added, too much liquid and not enough 'double cream consistency'. Not too bad, however on top of the Lemon Rice (p35), well.. I struggled to pick out the good bits and ended up throwing some of the rice out.. The rice was over run with split peas and I felt like I had just got home from the beach and was eating with sandy hands....way too much crunch from too many peas, I think the popping mustard seeds threw me as they exploded out of the pan and I chucked in a LOT too many peas, next time I need to measure better! 


Crisis averted, I still managed to eat most of the curry and as much of the rice as I could find without too much crunch... I left the non flavored rice for my brother with some curry sauce to re-heat when he got back from London. I hope he likes it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment