Saturday 26 March 2011

Day 6

Two-in-one day


Glorious day in the sun today at Gunwarf, Portsmouth. 
Location: Tiger Tiger
Company: Laura Chase
Lunch: Chicken Nachos.


Fantastic conversation and surprisingly wonderful weather before I drove home to cook dinner for Dad. Sainsbury's only had one monkfish tail, so I made the decision to attempt two meals in one; Salmon with Horseradish and Beets (p60) and Magnificent Monkfish (p159).


Dangerous cooking tonight in a white top while cooking with beets and sun-dried tomato paste. Somehow managed the whole meal without splashing anything down me. Although I thought I needed the salmon, in fact just the monkfish on mash would have satisfied us. Both delicious but definitely stuffed full now.


Maybe a little too much balsamic drizzled on the top but overall SUCCESS! No training today but I must go run tomorrow before I go back to hard-core training on Wednesday, back to the grind in Florida, America...fitness needed with all this cooking and eating!

Salmon and Monkfish

No comments:

Post a Comment