Tuesday 22 March 2011

Day 2



Prawn with Chilli
Pre-Prawn

Welsh Adventures


After a long tedious drive, 4 hours across the country to Swansea, Wales I finally arrived: Bible in hand.

I explained to Jemma Lowe, my friend, new roomy for the next few nights, ex-Florida swimmer and fellow olympian about my challenge, both of us now excited about the up-and-coming Jamie meals. Jemma my very own human dustbin, the smallest, thinnest dustbin you will ever see who is up for any food, anytime, anywhere.

 On the menu, after my first exhausting session back in the pool, is Prawns with Chilli, Parsley, Ginger and Garlic on Toast (p153) and King of Puddings (p182) for dessert.

For thursday we have planned a big dinner party for 7, this will the 1st Jamie stress-fest. We bought all the ingredients at the same time as tonight's dinner, dragging our feet through Tescos, starving from my first swim session and my body feeling completely annihilated.

Dinner went well except we didn't take the tails of the prawns off; eating it proved messy, and we started toasting the bread a little late.

I impressed myself by eating the chilli, I am trying to explore some more of my taste buds; my mouth and face doesn't normally like hot spices, I usually stream: eyes and nose. Today, however, I managed the entire plate, possibly due to the juxtaposition of the lemon juice and possibly due to being so hungry. Satisfaction.



Pre-King Pudding
Even better was dessert, without an electric whisk the meringue proved a little more work than expected, end result completely worth it. Dessert amazing. 
King of ALL puddings

No comments:

Post a Comment