Thursday 30 June 2011

Day 96 and 97

Theres something fishy going on here...




Dinner after a relatively good practice and a massage yesterday; lasagna with squid and mussels... not really sure I can say I will make this again, I do not like squid or mussels much but hidden in the tomatoes and onions with pasta I didn't hate it...






On the side I had the salmon wrapped in newspaper, this one I loved!! I didn't do a whole salmon...taper time warrants small portions and just for me as a side to the lasagna needed a small piece of salmon.. but this one I will make again, I loved the taste. 




Today however I finally bit the bullet... SARDINES... 


If you see where they started and how they got to where they finished you will see the apprehension I experienced..I am not much of a fish person in the first place and so just sitting in their fishy form in stage one freaked me out... but then to de-head, gut and bone them added to the already vomit worthy process..


However all that being said, I actually didn't hate the final product! I have a whole bunch left in the freezer but I might have to leave it a while to debrief from the experience before I make them again! 


Finally for dinner today I used the Skate Wing recipe only with tilapia... Even if I do say so myself it was to die for!!! We saw the movie Transformers and I needed something quick before I went to a meeting at the crisis center and this was the ideal taper time meal... it was almost fish fingers, only it was 10x better because I had made it!! I made a lime- creme fresc dollop, together with the spinach and fish was perfect for a quick and easy meal.
This only leaves me with one fish dish and the panacotta dessert, together with the baking of the sourdough left and the challenge is complete... WHOOPPIEE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment