Tuesday 28 June 2011

Day 95

So very nearly there...


With only 5 days left and a good cracking last few days I feel like even if I don't find the Japanese Mooli or  maybe not try the sardines (they are really testing my mind with a huge blockage right now, I still can't get over the sardine taste thing) I have really accomplished what the premise of this challenge really was...TO LEARN HOW TO COOK!


Yesterday I branched away from Jamie for one of our Monday switch out meals..
Menu:
Spinach and artichoke dip with homemade pita chips
Salad with parma ham, mozzarella, strawberries and Jamie's lemon and honey dressing
Pasta with spinach, cream-cheese and sun-dried tomatoes
Pineapple with mint sugar (Jamie's recipe!)


Another epic Monday night dinner complete and a success!! After the beach on Sunday I am a little bit burned but I did manage to make the salad dressing sunday night-- I am not sure this was one of my favorite dressings but we are nearing the end of Jamie and I guess the left overs were left over for a reason!!


Today I managed the celeriac and chicken in flour for dinner followed by the chocolate cambridge cream custard... 



I didn't have a blow torch so the bubbly sugar on top didn't turn out exactly like I had wanted, however it tasted FABULOUS!!
So my executive decision is to miss the Japanese Mooli Salad until I one day run into them at a store somewhere. I have checked Mother Earth, Publix, Fresh Market, and Wards and none of these markets have them..
 I think either tomorrow or thursday I will have an eclectic fish dinner and finish the last few fish recipes, and I will finish with the Lasagna and roasted rhubarb for the last day...as I said Challenge- possible- I will get it done!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment