Sunday 22 May 2011

Day 56 and 57

Epic Sunday Roast


Saturday unfolded with one of the hardest practices after Friday's great day in the water. I was so tired and my hips felt like they were scraping the bottom of the pool.
Then straight to the first day of Crisis Center training..I am now an in-house-trainer so at the end of their training I will be coaching up the newbies while they are on their observation shifts and first few shifts.. its so exciting seeing all my crisis center family and catching up with them all, and seeing all the fresh new faces who are scared and excited all at the same time!


Lunch was a quick artichoke salad before the estates pool party.
I much preferred these artichokes to the baked ones the other day, they fit well for a quick easy lunch and they are good for me!


Sunday was the epic feast I have been waiting for, with Matt Shead in town (possibly one of my favorite people in the world!) a full english roast was on the menu. Roast beef, potatoes, carrots yorkshire puddings and gravy...as I said.. EPIC. Everything went to plan and I ended up serving 11 people!!! Wasn't expecting so many but hey I had enough food, after buying 7.5lbs of beef with a little beef and potatoes left over..


Success, except something over smoked in the oven and I smoked the whole house and I might have needed a little more gravy as the house was getting full of people and I started stressing that the food wasn't yet ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment